As a member of ICHP, you will have a Primary Care Provider (PCP). Your primary care provider (PCP) is your main health care provider. Your PCP is your “medical home,” where you will get most of your health care. When you need specialist care, your PCP will help you find the right provider to treat you.
What Are the Advantages of ICHP?
- A relationship with your doctor and health care team. Having a PCP lets you be a partner in your care. You will have a doctor and a care coordinator who know about your medical problems and needs. You will have a say in medical decisions.
- A Medical Home. You do not have to look in the phone book to find a doctor who “takes Health First Colorado.” You no longer need to go to the emergency room for common illnesses. Simply call your PCP for help.
- Access to a Care Coordinator. A Care Coordinator is someone specially trained to help people with “out of the ordinary” health concerns. If you have special health care needs, the Care Coordinator can help you organize all your appointments and help your doctors “talk to each other.”
Who is my PCP?
- Some people were assigned a PCP b yHealth First Colorado. If you were not assigned a PCP, you can call Health First Colorado Enrollment to help you select a PCP. Their number is 888-367-6557.
- If you want to find out which PCPs are in our network you can look at our Provider Directory
- If you want to find out if a certain doctor is a member of our network, call ICHP customer service at 1-855-959-7340 or TTY 1-800-432-9553 if you have a speech or hearing impairment.
Once you choose a PCP, you will have a “medical home.” Your medical home will take care of all of your medical needs. If it has been a while since you have seen a doctor, or if you have been going to the emergency room for health problems, it is a good idea to make an appointment to see your PCP. You can talk about your health concerns and find out if you need any routine screenings. You can make the appointment by calling the PCP’s phone number. When you make the appointment, let them know you are a member of ICHP.
Can I change my PCP?
Yes. You can change your PCP It is important to have a good relationship with your PCP because they will be your medical home. If you think you will not be able to work with your PCP, call Health First Colorado Enrollment at 888-367-6557. They will help you select a new PCP.